|Buy Imitrex Online||Ashwagandha Canada||Over The Counter Version Of Orlistat||Ocd Anafranil||Deltasone 20 Mg||Hydrochlorothiazide Cost||Tricor 160mg|
My favorite way to eat eggs is soft boiled with a runny yolk and a piece of toast to dip or mixed with a side of grits; it is part of my southern upbringing I suppose. Hard boiled eggs can be equally tasty sliced in a salad. Getting the eggs to the perfect stage and out of its shell though is the dilemma. My boss once asked me how to boil eggs. It took a moment to remember because boiling eggs was second nature; put them in a pot, cover with water, boil, steam, cold bath. Time…shime… I never kept track I just did it. Thankfully my advice panned out.
Once a month on Dazzledish we try to post a ‘how to’ tutorial on a particular food, gadget or cooking tip because we want everyone to learn the basics so they feel confident in the kitchen. This month we will learn the art of hard boiled eggs and a few recipes to use them in.
What you need:
6 large eggs
Place the eggs in a single layer in a large pot. Fill the pot with cold water to 1-inch above the eggs. Bring the water just to a boil on medium-high heat. Remove from heat, cover and steam for recommended time (see below). Immediately drain the hot water from the pot. Carefully cover the eggs with ice and cool water.
Soft Cooked Eggs:
A soft cooked egg has a firm white and runny yolk. Heat large eggs 1 1/2 – 3 minutes.
Soft cooked eggs are mostly served in an egg cup small end down. The top is removed to expose the runny yolk. The egg is eaten out of the shell using a small spoon. You can also use strips of toast to scoop up the yolk.
Medium Cooked Eggs:
Medium cooked eggs have a firm white and a slightly firm yolk. Heat large eggs 4 – 6 minutes. Pair peeled medium cooked eggs with poached asparagus or toast or in a Kedgeree.
Hard Cooked Eggs:
Hard cooked eggs have both a firm white and yolk. Heat large eggs 10 – 12 minutes or as long as 17 minutes.
Eat hard boiled eggs with a sprinkle of salt or try some of the international recipes listed below.
Egg salad sandwich
Tuna Nicoise salad or Sandwich
Thai Son and Law Eggs
Pakoras from India
– Some individuals like to add salt or vinegar. They say it makes removing the shell easier. Add a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt to your water.
– Use eggs that are at least a few days old. Farm fresh eggs do not peel as easy.
– Do not boil eggs with cracks. They will break open and leak.
– Putting too much water in the pot will take longer to heat which can throw off the timing. Too little water will result in undercooked eggs.
– Watch the water. At the first sign the water is boiling remove the pot from the heat. Keep time from the moment you remove the pot from the heat and cover it.
– The ice bath stops the cooking process and the steam created inside the eggs will make it easier to peel.
– To peel start at the larger end where the air pocket is. Grab hold of the membrane under the shell and peel off.
– Chilled eggs are easier to slice. Warmer eggs are easier to crumble.
– Refrigerate unpeeled boiled eggs within a few hours for up to one week.
– The times listed may vary slightly due to the way your stove heats, the type and size of pot you use, the amount of water and number of eggs.
No comments yet.