In many a household dinner has become a rush of events. From mine own experience with little ones crying from hunger, the baby begging to be held and the chaos that ensues now that mom is not looking can dampen any attempt for a peaceful family dinner. In a rush to console the masses plates, cups, silverware and napkins are piled on the table followed by a weary call to come to dinner.
Make dinnertime special by adding a little flare to the table.
– Use fun tablecloths to add color.
– Arrange a small bouquet of flowers for a centerpiece.
– Move dinner outside on a blanket or enlist a couple helpers to carry the table outdoors.
– Pull out the cloth napkins.
– Put away the plastic kid-proof plates once in a while.